Energywise Design, Supply and Install HRV systems.
Why do we need HRV?
What is HRV?
HRV or a heat recovery ventilation system remove odour and humid air from kitchens and bathrooms. The same volume of clean, preheated air is supplied to bedrooms and living rooms. As much as 95% of the normally wasted heat is being recovered. Since the energy of the extracted air is transferred to the fresh. This means maximising energy for minimum cost. The filtered and, consequently, cleaner air increases the comfort for you and your family.
How does heat recovery ventilation work?
1. Heat recovery ventilation systems are designed to recover up to 95% of the heat normally lost through open windows, vents and other breakout points.
2. Fresh air is continuously drawn into the home via a low energy heat recovery ventilation unit, usually located in the attic or utility area.
3. Once passed through the heat exchanger within the HRV ventilation system, the warm, clean, fresh, filtered air is distributed around the home through a series of ducts. Since the energy of the extracted air is transferred to the fresh, cool outdoor air, 95% of the heat is retained. That means no waste of energy.
4. Air from wet rooms e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, etc. is continuously extracted and filtered back through the heat recovery ventilation unit. The heat from the extracted air is transferred to the fresh incoming air. HRV can also dissipate warm air from your home in Summer, bringing in cool, fresh air from outside.
5. With an auto summer by-pass, the HRV unit automatically controls whether to reclaim heat energy (or not) based on temperature. This ensures that your house does not get over-heated while still remaining air-fresh.
MAIN FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF HRV
Contact Energywise Ireland for free advice and a free no-obligation quotation. We would love to hear from you and answer any questions that you may have.
Call us on: 021-4308185
Book a showroom consultation